Welcome to the first annual Grand Haven Main Street Hopped-Up Homebrew Competition! This contest is part of the Grand Haven Main Street Restaurant Week and is designed to promote craft beer and brewing. If you have a beer that you would like to enter into the contest, click on the registration link below and fill in the fields on the following screen.
Here are the rules of the contest:
- Every homebrewer is allowed one (1) beer entry. All entries must be brewed by the registrant on a homebrewing system. Please do not submit entries under the names of significant others, insignificant others, siblings, offspring, distant relatives, estranged roommates, pets, fictional characters, imaginary friends or anyone else.
- Beers are submitted according to the 2015 BJCP Style Guidelines. Ciders and meads are excluded from this contest. If you are unsure of which is the correct style for your beer, contact us and we will help.
- Entries require two (2) plain, unlabeled/unmarked 12-ounce amber bottles. Please no clear bottles or bottles of any other size. Each bottle must have a bottle ID form attached to it with a rubber band.
- The entry fee is $5.00.
- The total number of competition entries will be capped at 50. Do not delay in submitting your entry. Once the cap is reached no additional entries will be accepted.
- Online registration for entries will be accepted from Monday, January 16, 2017 through Thursday, February 16, 2017 or until 50 entries are submitted, whichever occurs first. The judging will occur Saturday, February 18, 2017.
- Entries must be received at Odd Side Ales by Thursday, February 16, 2017. Entries will not be accepted after that date.
- All entries in the Grand Haven Main Street Hopped-Up Homebrew Competition are judged by industry professionals and/or trained judges according to the standards of style, not in comparison to each another, with the exception of Best in Show. Medals will be given to the three highest scoring beers. In case of a tie, there will be a Best Of Show judging to determine the winners. The first place award winner will get to brew their beer in the brewhouse at the Odd Side Ales taproom in downtown Grand Haven. When the beer is ready, it will go on tap at Odd Side Ales.
Click Here to register your beer.