In honor of KBS week and all things barrel-aged, we are introducing the MOB’s inaugural Barrel Aged Team CHallenge.
Contests are a fun way to collaborate and push ourselves to be better brewers.
The MOB’s BATCH should also be great way to promote our club around the area.
• Teams to consist of at least 3 members, with a mix of experienced and new brewers.
• Wood-aged with chips, staves, spirals or in barrels.
• Open to ANY style, but detailed descriptors required.
• Batches to be at least 5 gallons with 2 unmarked bottles available for judging.
• Teams can brew multiple batches but only one entered in the contest.
Blind judging is tentatively set for August 2 at our MOB meeting, by a panel of local professional brewers.
The winning team receives a traveling trophy with the team members names etched in AND a chance to brew it at a local brewery. The MOB will promote the release with a tapping party when ready.
Get your teams together.
Appoint a captain.
Pick out a name (Every team needs a name, right?).
Develop a recipe, and
Brew a BATCH of beer.